On 2018
2017 was rough. My beliefs made watching my country's actions difficult (yes, there were some glimmers of hope). I am combating job burn out, and have struggled with that since the spring. This has bled into worry that my career was the wrong choice, which is terrifying because of how expensive it was (and still is). I lost my sense of self.
Interestingly, I have always struggled in yoga and meditation to grasp what it means to "set your intention for practice," but from what I've inferred over the years, it seems like a better fit than the word "resolution." It is less stark; an intention seems more like a journey than a hard rule. My intention for 2018 is to regain a sense of self.
In 2018, I hope to find my own peace. I will work to put myself, my mental health, and my family first. I want to help people outside of my career. I hope to develop a hobby or two.
Interestingly, I have always struggled in yoga and meditation to grasp what it means to "set your intention for practice," but from what I've inferred over the years, it seems like a better fit than the word "resolution." It is less stark; an intention seems more like a journey than a hard rule. My intention for 2018 is to regain a sense of self.
In 2018, I hope to find my own peace. I will work to put myself, my mental health, and my family first. I want to help people outside of my career. I hope to develop a hobby or two.
Comments
Post a Comment